Prioritize your health and wellness in the workplace.
Your work. your way.
The 428 is a five (5) story office building consisting of approximately 60,000 square feet (excluding the lower level), with an average floor plate of 12,864 square feet, located in the heart of downtown St. Paul. This building originally opened in 1955 as a three-story F.W. Woolworth department store. The 428 opened in the Fall of 2018 as a repurposed mid-century modern design office building focused on health, wellness and sustainability. The 428 is the first building to be awarded both WELL Gold Certification™ and LEED Silver Certification™ for Core and Shell in the Region, and was the first USGBC Building Health Leadership Award recipient in the Country. This building is more than office space. The 428 brings together wellness and environmental elements proven to create healthier, happier people who are more engaged and productive at work.
The WELL Building Standard is a performance based system for buildings and interior spaces that improves the nutrition, fitness, mood and sleep patterns of its occupants utilizing 7 basic concepts, with an ROI for companies and organizations. This offers a meaningful return on investment in terms of the tenant’s personnel costs. LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is a third-party verification that a building was designed and built using strategies aimed at reducing energy and water usage, promoting better indoor air quality, and improving quality of life.
“ENGIE Impact accelerates sustainability transformation for cities, governments and organizations worldwide. We selected The 428 based on their commitment to the environment – their Well Gold and LEED Silver certifications support our mission to Make Sustainability Happen Today. Our real estate team quickly knew we could form a long-term partnership with this commercial landlord.”
“As a startup nonprofit organization whose mission is to drive jobs and vitality into downtown Saint Paul, the opportunity for the Saint Paul Downtown Alliance to office out of The 428 as soon as it opened was a perfect fit. The attention to detail that went into preserving elements of the original Woolworth building, combined with the state of the art WELL and LEED certified updates speak both to downtown Saint Paul’s historic charm and its vibrant future. Nestled in the heart of the central business district its location, and breathtaking rooftop views, have made it ideal for hosting meetings and events, large or small. Especially as we look to bring new and returning businesses and workers back into downtown post-COVID-19 buildings like The 428, who prioritize health, wellbeing and cleanliness, will be some of our greatest assets and amenities.”
-Joe Spencer, President, Saint Paul Downtown Alliance
(Click to View Suites with Floor Plans)
Click here to review building brochure.
For further information, please contact Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc. at (651) 290-8890.
- Rooftop patio with a variety of seating
- Indoor bike storage
- Bicycle storage and repair station
- Shower and locker facilities
- Wellworth Co-work on fifth floor
- Skyway connection through The Golden Rule Building
- High level air filtration with MERV 14 filters
- District Energy Heating and Cooling
- Organic recycling program
- Centralized waste collection
- Heat reflecting curtain walls
- No VOC building materials were used in reconstruction, reducing indoor air pollution
- Water filtration of public water additives such as chlorine and fluoride
- Natural daylight through every tenant space
- Auto-adjusted indoor lighting to daylight exposure
- Highly visible, accessible, and open staircase design promoting the use of stairwells and fitness
- Biophilic design with live plants and natural elements to reduce tension, anxiety, and depression
- Near public transportation and 3,422 parking spaces
- In the heart of downtown close to Lowertown, Rice Park, and W. 7th neighborhoods
- 15 different parks including Mears and Rice Parks
- Upscale grocer in immediate area
- Over 70 different cafes and restaurants in the area
- Near local breweries
- Minutes away from 11 theaters and museums including the newly renovated Historic Palace Theater
- A brisk walk from Xcel Energy Center and CHS Field and around the corner from the Treasure Island Center – MN Wild Practice Facility
Find out more about the building, neighborhood, amenities, history, and more at: https://the428.com/
Health, wellness, and Environmentally Conscious
The 428 leads city, state, national, and international standards when it comes to health, wellness and sustainability.
The 428 has achieved WELL Gold Core and Shell Certification
The WELL Building Standard® is the first to integrate human health and well-being into the design, construction, maintenance and operations of buildings. WELL focuses on seven categories of building performance: air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind. It’s a performance based system to help create a built environment that improves the nutrition, fitness, mood and sleep patterns of its occupants with an ROI for companies and organizations.
The 428 has achieved LEED Silver Core and Shell Certification
The U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED green building program is the preeminent program for the design, construction, maintenance and operations of high-performance green buildings. LEED provides the framework to create a healthy, resource-efficient, and cost-effective building.
The 428 was the first to receive the USGBC Building Health Leadership Award The USGBC Building Health Leadership Award celebrates green building projects that focus on occupant health throughout all phases of building development and operation. Award recipients go above and beyond by rigorously considering occupant health during planning stages, taking strategic action to promote health and well-being through building certifications, and committing to measuring impact.